Denbigh Road begins on the east side, with a few shops with flats above. Westhill Court, at No. 5, is a courtyard of flats, with a four-storey block facing onto the road, but with a large arched passageway through the middle to low-rise flats at the back, all in modern brick, but with some parts plastered and painted cream.
Nos. 9-11 is a short terrace of attractive houses on three storeys built by J D Cowland in 1856-9. (No. 9 has a basement.) Pencombe Mews has the date 1984 over the entrance arch. Inside it is an attractive terrace of 14 three-storey houses in nice brick with simple painted window and door surrounds. Round the corner there is a second leg which is profuse with shrubs and climbing flowering plants. Most of the houses have a garage in the ground storey, but some garages are next to the houses. The houses seem larger and wider than the typical townhouse, and it’s a very attractive enclave.
Back on the main road, Nos. 11 and 15 have been slotted into the narrow gap between the remaining terraces and the mews entrance. Nos. 17-23 are part of a terrace, although they give the impression of being two semi-detached buildings because the entrances to Nos. 19 and 21 are set well back from the main facades. These are charming pastel-painted houses on three storeys, with small balconies at first floor level, with very tall French doors opening onto them. Henry and William Cullingford built these houses in 1851.
On the west side is Longlands Court, a post-war estate in cheap brick, with six storeys of flats and external corridor entrances, typical of council developments. It is part of a larger complex along Westbourne Grove. Henry and William Cullingford built Nos. 12-24 in about 1853. Nos. 12-16 is a threesome, with No. 12 crammed later onto the side of the semi-detached Nos. 14 and 16.
Nos. 18-24 are semi-detached houses. Unlike the houses on the east, they have very raised ground floors, up steep steps; they are stucco-faced and painted light pastel colours. They have very tall first-floor windows with triangular pediments and brackets, and an attractive wrought-iron balcony between them. The second-floor windows are less decorated.
The north side of Denbigh Terrace is taken up by Longlands Court Estate. Nos. 13-26 is a terrace of houses on the south side, beginning at the Portobello Road end. The houses in this terrace were built by a variety of local builders in 1852-5. Most of the houses have basement and ground floors, and one upper storey, but the central houses, Nos. 18-20, have an additional second storey.
Many of the house owners have converted their lofts to create additional rooms with Velux windows. The houses have raised front doors, without a porch structure. There is an architrave on brackets above the ground floor windows. The first-floor windows are plain, but above is a cornice which is usually painted white. The facades are mainly painted stucco.