To provide stabling for the main houses in Cornwall Gardens, a number of mews were constructed as part of the Cornwall Gardens development.
Cornwall Mews West is entered through a huge brick arched entrance and then turns left. It is a cul-de-sac with two-storey mews houses, mainly painted, and most have roof gardens.
This mews was also constructed to provide stabling for the main houses in Cornwall Gardens, and Welchman and Gale built Cornwall Mews West at the far North West corner. Most of their work in this area was carried out between 1871 and 1876.