Old Barrack Yard

The Grenadier Pub was built in about 1830 and took its name from the Grenadier Guards barracks which were nearby at the time. The pub still has its original front.

Lyall Street

Lyall Street was built on land which formed part of the Lowndes estate. One of the trustees of that estate at the time was Charles Lyall, who gave his name to Charles Street and Lyall Street.